We are seeking an Associate Director, Software Engineering to join the team at our Boston headquarters. We are a leading global provider of best-in-breed software solutions and technology services specializing in Financial Services.
Our solution is a high-speed, execution management system that provides centralized access to liquidity venues for execution and tools for dynamically managing positions, portfolios, and trading risk across global equity, futures, and options markets. As Associate Director, Engineering you will be fulfilling a player-coach role, contributing to Engineering sprint goals while also assigning work, managing, and monitoring the progress of the Engineering staff.
- Own full employee lifecycle from hire to termination
- Own review process and provide timely feedback and coaching
- Provide leadership and decision making on code structure and direction
- Provide technical leadership and/or mentor other engineers within an Agile/Scrum team
- Write, test, and maintain code for a real-time, high-performance application that processes large amounts of data
- Apply modern coding methods in a multi-threaded programming environment
- Lead complex projects across engineering as well as periodic open source projects
- Work with Product Management to extract technical requirements from documented market problems.
- B.S. or B.A. in Computer Science or related degree
- 10+ years of experience or the equivalent skill-level coding in C++ in a Windows environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage scrum teams
- Experience providing technical leadership, providing design advice and mentoring other engineers
- Experience making significant contributions to overall architecture
- Experience developing high-performance, low level software where desktop memory management is important, and high speed processing is critical
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with multi-threaded programming.
Nice To Haves:
- Experience in financial and/or trading systems engineering.
send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org