We are seeking a talented and passionate Manager of UI Engineering for our New York City office. As part of the software engineering and technology team, you’ll design, test and develop software applications that’ll help push forward our industry to new heights.
Accountability for overseeing and influencing all aspects of development and delivery while constantly moving ahead to improve development efficiencies. You will be responsible for providing technical governance and to your team. Along with strong technical leadership skills, you possess the ability to articulate goals, issues and opportunities effectively at all levels of the organization and in a variety of mediums. You will also be responsible for mentoring your development team in addition to partnering with Architects, Business Analysts, Technical Leads, Software Engineers, Operations, and Quality Engineers; this will need to be executed in a highly collaborative environment to provide quality software and solutions, while providing the necessary leadership to deliver releases on time.
- Be the Technical SME and the point of contact for the assigned domain; partner very closely with your cross-domain SMEs to deliver a cohesive and coordinated execution of all domain initiatives.
- Provide oversight to ensure adequate focus on stability, scalability, performance and quality during design and development decisions
- Evolve and enhance the existing software system applications and architecture
- Manage resources for on time delivery of user stories, functionality and improvements
- Identify and remove roadblocks for your team
- Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead members to their optimum performance levels and career development
- Ownership the engineering team’s tools, processes, and quality/performance of the work produced by the team
- Work with senior developers, software architects and quality assurance engineers to resolve development roadblocks
- Continuously evaluate, design and improve the software development and delivery processes
- Stay current with the newest online technologies; research new technologies and make recommendations on implementations
- Work with distributed teams across various time zones
- Manage the relationships with key supporting teams
- Manage the recruitment, on-boarding and training activities of the development team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other related field; or equivalent work experience
- Must have at least 5 years of experience working through the design, development, release cycle, and delivering software products to market
- Experience in managing development resources including thoughtful leadership to translate business needs into functional requirements
- A record of successful delivery of software applications as an individual, team leader and/or Development manager
- 3+ years as a technical lead in a web environment
- 5+ years full life cycle development within UI engineering, project and development experience
- 5+ years of experience with jQuery
- 3+ years of experience with Backbone, Marionette and Underscore
- Experience working with and tuning high volume web applications a strong plus
- Strong Object Oriented experience, and understanding and applying OO design patterns
- Good understanding of implementing responsive design techniques
- Demonstrated understanding of a mobile-first approach
- Passion for managing continuous optimizations/enhancements to make it robust
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to enhance growth within your direct reports
send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org