The Technology and Operations Manager oversees the IT day-to-day operations while seeking to improve IT services for end-user satisfaction. The responsibility encompasses all aspects of information technology infrastructure operations to provide a secure, compliant, robust, reliable, scalable and efficient infrastructure and to direct infrastructure support strategy and operations.
- Oversee the day to day support of all production platforms to ensure the availability, integrity, and security of the network, servers, telecommunications services and data.
- Ensures that platforms are efficiently utilized, and that the cost to operate and support the platforms aligns with group and business expectations. Ensues that all regulatory and compliance requirements are met for all platforms.
- Provides infrastructure services vision, enable innovation and leverage IT trends that can create business value consistent with the organization’s requirements and expectations.
- Leads Company-wide strategic technology initiatives to build and maintain key elements of the enterprise infrastructure and associated project portfolio, including but not limited to 24/7 data center infrastructure management and evolution, mobility and remote access services, wireless networks, messaging environments, active directory integration, global WAN, and innovative end user computing solutions.
- Provides leadership for delivery of 24/7 service operations. Establish metrics, key performance indicators, and service level agreements to continually improve the performance of IT operations.
- Participates in IT’s strategic, project and budget planning efforts.
- Analyzes technology trends and develops infrastructure strategy, architecture, and delivery processes designed for agility and cost effectiveness.
- Ensures comprehensive disaster recovery architecture is maintained and operations are in place to ensure compliance with required RPOs and RTOs during business continuity events (emphasizing but not limited to storage area networks and redundant, highly-available server and network architectures).
- Approves the development and implementation of major project timelines.
- Identifies strategic data and voice communications direction for the organization with redundancy and cost control/reduction.
- Is responsible for overall performance and availability of the network, performance and capacity.
- Extensive knowledge of data center operations, telecommunications, network engineering, data center applications, client/server computing, and production operations support. Specific technologies of note include but not limited to Microsoft Server & Client operating system and infrastructure applications, Cisco Voice and Networking, VMware, Citrix, EMC and/or NetApp Enterprise-level SANs, Cisco Server infrastructures, and multi-carrier WANs.
- Experience in related IT disciplines such as data processing, hardware platforms, enterprise software applications, database administration and outsourced systems.
- Strong leadership and management abilities. Ability to lead cross functional project teams in implementing projects of a complex nature.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and planning at a strategic, global level. Ability to translate strategic plans into specific objectives, and to create and execute project plans to achieve objectives.
- Strong financial management skills in budgeting, forecasting, and cost control.
- A deep understanding of the interdependent relationship between infrastructure, information security and the applications/services they enable as well as the criticality of maintaining strong connections between the respective teams within IT
- Ability to see the “big picture” across such areas as private and public hosted infrastructure and services, identity management, security, telecommunications, enterprise storage and big data opportunities, end user experience, and training/education.
- Coordinate projects/resources with the IT project management office (PMO). Ensure all project deliverables, budgets, and timelines are met.
- Bachelor’s degree required, and at least 8+ years of job related experience.
send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org