The Director of Engineering will set the architectural and engineering standards across the Technology team as well as evangelize best practices and lead by example. You will partner with Product, Business, QA, Leadership to deliver efficient, high-performing, and scalable solutions at a demanding pace. Building cohesiveness within the team, but also across technical teams within the organization, will be key to the success of this role.
- Oversee multiple teams within engineering, with both managers and individual contributors reporting to you
- Work as the counterpart to the Director of Product to deliver on roadmap items
- Report directly to the CTO, developing your skills and experience to grow to own more of the engineering team
- Inspire, manage, and grow the existing engineering team
- Work from our NYC office (with some travel) to serve teams that span our other locations.
- Be part of the Leadership team and participate in all strategic decisions within the organization
- Demonstrated experience building and shipping killer software products. You’ve had many experiences with successful product launches
- Experience managing ~20 people engineering teams and have successfully solved many of the tough organizational challenges that follow
- Strong technical background as evidenced by multiple engineering leadership roles of increasing seniority with a personal preference for remaining highly technical
- Compelling storyteller with experience communicating concepts and ideas to engineers and non-engineers alike
- Proven ability to influence decision-making at all levels within an organization, and in a variety of contexts
- Strong experience in building and operating data-intensive products
- Experience operating effective software development practices including agile, continuous integration and continuous delivery
send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org